Health Canada advises that with the continuing spread of the virus, households and individuals must develop family emergency plans and to pack emergency kits. This is necessary in the event of:
- A lock down or self isolation declaration
2) A power outage
- Water not running
The emergency kits must be easy to carry: a duffle bag, backpack, or wheeled suitcase/bag and stock with the following ITEMS:
- At least 2 litres of water per person per day
- Non perishable foods (canned and dried foods, energy bars
- Manual can opener
- A flashlight (extra batteries)
- Battery powered or wind up radios
- First Aid kits
- Special needs/ health related/supplies such as prescription medications, baby foods, disability equipment
- Extra vehicle or house keys
9.Cash and ensure you have small Bill’s and change for payphones etc
- Stock Hygiene and Feminine products (sanitary pads, toilet paper, toothpaste, brushes etc) but don’t overstock or hoard.
Ensure you customize your household emergency kits for each individual member of the family.
Remember if you experience a fever, coughing and difficulty breathing and you have recently travelled outside the country or think you could have been exposed, call your local health authority and report your symptoms and travel history and follow their instructions.
Best wishes, and keep good hygiene practices, social distancing and avoid unnecessary travels or outing. Let’s prevent further spread to stop this COVID-19 sooner. Stay safe and healthy.
March 15, 2020
Courtesy Global News