- lifting people out of poverty
- Protecting women and children’s rights
- Fighting corruption
- Addressing infrastructural issues
- Addressing youth unemployment
- Ensuring a reliable provision of public goods and service
This is beyond me.
I’ll be sitting here waiting for how this plays out.
I will also wait and see how this gets challenged as a violation of the fundamental rights of a minority group .
Then I will watch and see if this gets challenged as violation of Ghana’s international obligations especially under the international Covenant of Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR) (Articles 2 and 26); the UN Charter and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR), which has by and large attained a customary international law status.
I will also see how this plays out in Ghana’s international relations at the Universal (UN) level, and Commonwealth, Donor level etc.
Watching it play out!
Happy Saturday you all.
July 24 2021